Holiday Book Sale
Our Holiday Book Sale has been a long-standing fund-raising event for CLC School. Our staff search high and low for the best books, music, devotionals, fiction and non-fiction, movies, and a variety of other printed materials for the whole family to enjoy! The annual book sale funds our school library. We believe that being surrounded by and exposed to dynamic and creative literature is essential to helping our students develop a life-long love of learning.
Fun for the whole family
This year we are making the whole event even more fun for the family by adding several new outdoor events including:
- Hay rides – come take a tractor drawn hay ride around our extensive property
- Petting Zoo – visit with a variety of farm and domestic animals including
- Outdoor Children’s Games – try your hand at pumpkin-themed bowling, ring toss, fishing and more!
- Crafts – join our amazing art teacher Mrs. Mead in some fantastic fall crafting
- Face painting – get decorated for the day by our amazing face -painters!
- Bounce House – keep the party hopping in our bounce house.
- Photo Booth – get your glamour shots taken at our phenomenal photo booth
This school-wide event has become a fun time for families and members of the community to fellowship with one another, enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of the season, while accomplishing some of their Holiday Shopping in a lively and family-friendly environment. This year we have endeavored to make it a wonderful event for the whole family to enjoy by adding even more kid-friendly activities. We would love to see you there!
A few years ago one of our creative parents expanded our annual Book Sale to include a Craft Market. This idea was born from a tradition this mom had with her crafty friends to exchange/purchase handmade gifts from one another for Holiday gift-giving. She expanded this idea into a school-wide fundraiser with several components including:
- Craft Market – a variety of local vendors display and sell hand-made wares for gift-giving and enjoyment
- Soup Cafe – an Eighth grade fundraiser to support their end-of-year class trip
- Bake Sale – occurs in conjunction with the Soup Cafe offering delectable sweet-treats for the family to enjoy
- Silent Auction – gift baskets filled with donations and goodies from our vendors and many local businesses are auctioned during the Craft Market